Garden Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies and/or any other organization-administered programs.
The admission process begins with a scheduled tour between the Admissions Director and the parents, or attendance to one of our semi-annual Open Houses. After you have finished the tour of the campus, you will have an opportunity to discuss tuition rates, fees, and services. Individual concerns about your child may also be discussed at this time.
An Application for Admissions Form can be found in the guest packet you receive during your school tour. Applications are accepted throughout the year. However, placement shall depend upon the space available. Children may be placed on a waiting list at the parent's request when space is unavailable at time of enrollment. A non-refundable registration fee will hold the space for your child.
The following items must be submitted before we will consider an applicant is enrolled:
1. Application for Admissions Form (completed and signed by a parent)
2. Application fee ($200) – nonrefundable
3. Previous school records
Student enrollment is given in the following priorities:
1. Returning students are given first priority to re-enroll for the new school year. The annual re-registration fees are due on January 15th. The registration fee will hold your child’s space and is non-refundable.
2. Siblings as well as siblings of past students are given first priority over new students.
3. Children with previous Montessori experience are given first priority over new students.
4. New Applicants.
Students must register for the school year and pay their non-refundable registration fee along with their yearly incidental fee in order to be placed in the classroom. Parents are responsible for supplying and maintaining accurate information of their child as required by the state, current accreditation guidelines, and/or school.
Basic requirements for student enrollment:
1. Copy of Certified Birth Certificate
2. Florida Health / Physical Form (within the last two years from your pediatrician or health department)
3. Florida Immunization Record Form or Religious Exception Form (from your pediatrician or health department)
Registration packet for a student will contain:
1. Enrollment Information Form
2. Authorization of Emergency Medical Form
3. Authorization and Release Form
4. Enrollment Contract
5. Uniform Policy Form
In keeping with our philosophy of best serving the interest of children, new students are admitted for a 60-day trial period. If at the end of this trial period, either GMS or the family may deem the School as not an appropriate environment and not meeting the needs of the child. Tuition will be prorated for the duration the child attended school and any overage refunded. Please discuss and share all pertinent information if your child has a history of any behavior or learning difficulty, to better assist us with his or her placement and learning strategies.
The School personnel and the parents will discuss the best start date for the child and, at this point, any additional services or therapies that the child may need will be established.